Monday, December 27, 2010

1.21 Gigawatts

The ultimate science reference in my opinion, 1.21 gigawatts or 1,210,000,000 Watts. Enough to power 20,166,666 60 watt light-bulbs. Seriously, Doc Brown really needed some juice for his time machine, on top of putting it in a DeLorean. This just goes to show us most people may not know much about science, but what they do know usually comes from science fiction movies. This also inspires the children of the time. Did you know the cell phone was actually inspired by Star Trek's communicator. It's things like that you never think about anymore. I mean a cell phone is incredible and can out do super computers from when my dad was a kid. It's just mind blowing and to think that only in the last ten years have we really had a boon in the tech. world. I can only imagine what the next ten years holds for us, personally I'm hoping for some real holographic displays, that you can manipulate with touch. That's just what we need right now to have even cooler computers. So to trail us out I think only one quote can do it, "Great Scott!"

No comments:

Post a Comment